Thank you for taking the time to visit my web page.
Please notice the worksheets at the bottom of this page.
The Individual Checklist and the Engagement Letter are necessary for all clients.
If you have a corporation please also fill out the Corporate Checklist.
The Generic Organizer is there only if you think it will help you. If you are a current client, we can provide you a personalized organizer. Please call the office for that.
Be careful to fill out these worksheets completely as they will help ensure that we don’t miss any deductions you are entitled to. It is my goal to find you the lowest tax liability you are entitled to.
I hope you find information in these pages that will keep you compliant and as “tax-free” as possible. As always, email me if you have any questions.
In all cases bring your completed checklists from this website and the signed engagement letter (found on the right side of this page).
For your 1040:
- Signed Engagement Letter
- Completely fill out the Individual Checklist.
- Name, social security number and birth date of everyone in the household.
- All the tax forms you received from your employer, your bank, your mortgage company, and your investment brokerage.
- A total of your health insurance expense and an estimation of your out of pocket health care costs.
- If applicable, purchase papers for any assets acquired in the current tax year – homes, cars, investment property.
- Supporting documentation for any energy efficient property you’ve purchased – windows, roofs, etc.
- All tax forms from any educational institution you or your dependents have attended.
- If you are a new client: Please fill out the ‘New Client Form’ found on the right of the screen. Also, we will need your prior 2 years’ tax returns.
If you also have a business:
Completely fill out the Business Checklist.
- A profit and loss statement if you are using Quickbooks. Make sure the report is on a cash basis, not accrual.
- A list of all business assets purchased, their price and date of purchase.
- If you are not using Quickbooks, total all of your income and expenses including interest paid on business lines of credit.
- Mileage totals or actual vehicle expenses.
- Any year end payroll reports you have generated outside of the office as well as any new unemployment ratings or worker’s compensation requirements you may have.
- If you are a new business client: Please fill out the ‘New Client Form’ on the right of the screen. Also, we will need a copy of your business’ prior 2 years’ tax returns and depreciation detail.
If your business is incorporated:
- Include your balance sheet items: cash balance 12/31 and the balance on any outstanding loans or other corporate liabilities.