What to Bring

Comments Off on What to Bring
In all cases bring your completed checklists from this website and the signed engagement letter (found on the right side of this page).

For your 1040:

  • Signed Engagement Letter
  • Completely fill out the Individual Checklist.
  • Name, social security number and birth date of everyone in the household.
  • All the tax forms you received from your employer, your bank, your mortgage company, and your investment brokerage.
  • A total of your health insurance expense and an estimation of your out of pocket health care costs.
  • If applicable, purchase papers for any assets acquired in the current tax year – homes, cars, investment property.
  • Supporting documentation for any energy efficient property you’ve purchased – windows, roofs, etc.
  • All tax forms from any educational institution you or your dependents have attended.
  • If you are a new client: Please fill out the ‘New Client Form’ found on the right of the screen.  Also, we will need your prior 2 years’ tax returns.
    If you also have a business:
Completely fill out the Business Checklist.
  • A profit and loss statement if you are using Quickbooks. Make sure the report is on a cash basis, not accrual.
  • A list of all business assets purchased, their price and date of purchase.
  • If you are not using Quickbooks, total all of your income and expenses including interest paid on business lines of credit.
  • Mileage totals or actual vehicle expenses.
  • Any year end payroll reports you have generated outside of the office as well as any new unemployment ratings or worker’s compensation requirements you may have.
  • If you are a new business client: Please fill out the ‘New Client Form’ on the right of the screen.  Also, we will need a copy of your business’ prior 2 years’ tax returns and depreciation detail.

If your business is incorporated:

  • Include your balance sheet items: cash balance 12/31 and the balance on any outstanding loans or other corporate liabilities.

Comments are closed.